Fatal Tractor-Trailer Accident Closes I-87 For Hours
A fatal tractor-trailer crash shut down parts of the New York State Thruway in the Hudson Valley for hours.
On Sunday around 5:40 a.m., New York State Police responded to a serious personal injury accident on I-87 northbound in the town of Catskill.
Two tractor-trailers were involved in an accident and both caught fire, causing all northbound lanes to be blocked for an extended time, police say.
New York State Police confirmed one driver died in the accident.
Irinel Mladin-Kennedy, 51, of Schenectady died due to injuries he sustained in the crash. Michael E. Wolf, 63, of Red Lion, P.A., was transported to Albany Medical Center for non-life threatening injuries, police say.
The investigation and cleanup closed down all the northbound lanes from Exit 20 to Exit 21 on I-87 North for many hours Sunday.
- Is a 'Midweek Nor'easter' Going to Impact the Hudson Valley?
- Hudson Valley Police Officer Dies Unexpectedly
- Hudson Valley Woman, 2 Dogs Killed in Fire
- Helicopter With 6 Aboard Crashes in Hudson Valley
- Fatal Tractor-Trailer Accident Closes I-87 For Hours
- Hudson Valley Man Sentenced For Nearly $1 Million Scheme