Freeze Warning, Frost Advisory Issued For Hudson Valley
Despite summer-like temperatures just two days ago, the Hudson Valley should see frost and freezing temperatures this weekend.
A Freeze Warning is in effect for Sullivan County from midnight, Friday until 9 a.m. on Saturday. According to the National Weather Service, residents in Sullivan County should see sub-freezing temperatures in the upper 20s and lower 30s. Parts of Sullivan County saw snowflakes Thursday, officials say.
Frost and freeze conditions in Sullivan County will kill crops, other sensitive vegetation and possibly damage unprotected outdoor plumbing, officials warn.
The National Weather Service also issued a Frost Advisory for Orange, Putnam, Dutchess, and Ulster counties until 9 a.m. Saturday.
Officials say temperatures in the above-mentioned counties will be around 35 degrees tonight which will result in frost formation. Frost could kill sensitive outdoor vegetation if left uncovered.
- New York State Could Be Split Into 3 Regions
- Measles Confirmed in Hudson Valley, 'More Exposures Possible'
- Celebrities From Hudson Valley Comment On Controversial SNL Skit
- New York Resident Reports Seeing Mountain Lion in Middle of Road
- Traffic Expected In Area During Services For Fallen NYPD Officer
- Police Search For Driver After Fatal Hit-And-Run Near West Point
- Manhunt For Man Who May Have Killed Wife in Hudson Valley
- SNL Mocks Hudson Valley, Ratings Crumble
- Secrets From Action Park Explored in Documentary
- NYPD Officer From Hudson Valley Killed by Friendly Fire