Ground Beef Recalled in Nine States, Including New York
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service announced that around 2,020 pounds of ground beef have been recalled across nine states. New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania are included on the list.
WROC reports that over two thousand pounds of beef from Amity Packing Company Inc. were recalled over concern that some of the meat may contain pieces of plastic.
What to double-check for is a brand called Pre Brands LLC’s 1 Pound vacuum sealed beef, which was produced on January 6, 2020. The beef was labeled as 95 percent lean, 5 percent fat, with the establishment number “EST. 6916” printed on the right, front side of the package, according to WROC.
The USDA says that aside from NY, NJ, and PA, retailers in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan Ohio, and Wisconsin received the ground beef in question.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH. Stream us live through the website, Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WPDH mobile app.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins weekdays from 10AM to 2PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie