Helicopter With 6 Aboard Crashes in Hudson Valley
A helicopter with a group of six celebrating a birthday crashed in the Hudson Valley.
On Saturday around 12:40 p.m., the Town of Crawford Police Department responded to Youngblood Road in the Town of Crawford for a reported helicopter crash.
The pilot told authorites he experienced an engine failure right after take off and attempted to land. The engine loss caused a hard landing and the helicopter overturned, officials say.
There was a fuel leak from the helicopter that was contained by hazmat crews, police say.
All of the helicopter's occupants, including the pilot and five passengers, suffered minor injuries and refused medical attention. One passenger suffered a minor cut while exiting the aircraft, police say.
The group was celebrating a birthday, according to Mark Leib of Rockland Video. Their names haven't been released.
- Is a 'Midweek Nor'easter' Going to Impact the Hudson Valley?
- Hudson Valley Police Officer Dies Unexpectedly
- Hudson Valley Woman, 2 Dogs Killed in Fire
- Helicopter With 6 Aboard Crashes in Hudson Valley
- Fatal Tractor-Trailer Accident Closes I-87 For Hours
- Hudson Valley Man Sentenced For Nearly $1 Million Scheme