Hudson Valley Actress Heads to Court in College Admission Scam
A Hollywood actress with strong ties to the Hudson Valley is set to appear in court for allegedly participating in a nationwide college entrance and recruiting cheating scheme.
Felicity Huffman along with fellow actress Lori Loughlin and a host of other wealthy parents are expected in federal court Wednesday in Boston, according to CNN.
Nearly 50, including current and former Divison 1 coaches at Yale, Georgetown, USC, Wake Forest and Texas were indicted last week in the alleged scheme.
Huffman, who was born in Westchester, was charged with fraud over accusations she paid a bribe to boost her daughter's college entrance exam score.
The former Bedford resident allegedly paid $15,000 to a fake charity to help her daughter cheat on her SATs, according to the complaint.
Officials say all of the parents knew their kids were cheating on their ACTs or SATS or made false sports profiles to gain admission.
- Hudson Valley Man Dies at Popular Fishing Spot
- Weather Officials Warn Elevated Risk of Fires in Hudson Valley
- 'Impractical Jokers' Set to Perform Live in the Hudson Valley
- 5 Hudson Valley Places Among Most Dangerous in New York
- Hudson Valley Actress Heads to Court in College Admission Scam
- These Places Are the Best Areas to Retire in the Hudson Valley
- Gigantic Indoor Waterpark Ready to Open in Hudson Valley
- Is a 'Midweek Nor'easter' Going to Impact the Hudson Valley?
- Hudson Valley Police Officer Dies Unexpectedly
- Hudson Valley Woman, 2 Dogs Killed in Fire
- Helicopter With 6 Aboard Crashes in Hudson Valley
- Fatal Tractor-Trailer Accident Closes I-87 For Hours