Hudson Valley Lawyer Fixed Traffic Tickets
A Hudson Valley attorney was sentenced for fixing traffic tickets.
Recently in Rockland County Court, 56-year-old Lawrence Weissman of Sloatsburg was sentenced to two years probation following his guilty plea to official misconduct.
Weissman, an attorney with offices in West Nyack, was appointed as special prosecutor by the Village of Spring Valley Board of Trustees in 2016. As special prosecutor, he reviewed traffic tickets and zoning violations.
Former trustee Vilair Fonvil recommended Weissman for the position, officials say.
Weisman admitted he submitted false documentation to a village judge in order to justify giving favorable plea dispositions at the request of Fonvil, who attended plea negotiation sessions, met with people facing traffic tickets and, on occasion, told Weissman to drop the charges.
- Teacher, Hudson Valley High School Coach Raped Teen
- Hudson Valley Man Among Those Killed In Limo Crash
- Mysterious Polio-Like Illness Confirmed Near New York
- Hudson Valley Driver Impaired by 'Cocktail of Drugs' Kills Boy
- Owner of Fatal Limo Helped Stop Terrorist Plot in Hudson Valley
- Very Contagious Viral Infection Rocks Hudson Valley Community
- Details Emerge After Surprise Bear Mountain Bridge Name Change