Hudson Valley Man Accused of Illegal Dumping
A Hudson Valley man is accused of illegally dumping construction debris in the local area.
The Town of Saugerties Building Department reports issuing 35-year-old Joseph E. Karolys of Saugerties three violations for permitting illegal dumping on his property, in direct violation of a court order in addition to violating Town of Saugerties laws pertaining to illegal dumping of construction debris, police say.
According to Saugerties police, a number of tractor-trailer haulers were observed by Saugerties officers dumping materials around 6 a.m. on Friday on the Saugerties man's property.
The vehicles were stopped by officers, confirming that the materials dumped had been transported from New York City, officials say. The driver's allegedly told police they left New York City around 3 a.m., brought the materials to the property where they dumped their loads
- Vicious Coyote Still Loose After Attacking Mom Near Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Teens in Critical Condition After Fiery Car Crash
- 4 Hudson Valley Colleges Among Best in Nation
- Former Hudson Valley High School Star Athlete Killed
- Large Reward Offered After Dog Left for Dead on I-84
- Tick Carrying Deadly Brain Swelling Virus Kills in Hudson Valley