Hudson Valley Man Admits to Shooting Man
A Hudson Valley man faces over 10 years behind bars for shooting a man in 2018.
On Tuesday in Orange County Court, 21-year-old Modesto Santiago of Middletown pleaded guilty to assault, in connection with the August 2018 shooting of Middletown man.
At the time that he pleaded guilty, Santiago admitted that on August 30, 2018, at approximately 7:30 pm, he shot a man on Monhagen Avenue in Middletown with a .380 caliber pistol.
Santiago was arrested the day after the shooting occurred. The victim was hospitalized for injuries he sustained in the shooting.
“I commend the City of Middletown Police Department for their investigation of this case and for their quick apprehension of the defendant,” Orange County District Attorney David Hoovler said. “My office will continue to work with all our law enforcement partners in reducing gun violence and will seek severe state prison sentences for all those who use illegally possessed guns to settle their disputes.”
As part of the plea agreement, the District Attorney’s Office will recommend a 12-year prison sentence. The judge stated that he would sentence Santiago to up to ten years in state prison and five years post-release supervision.
- Video Alleges Hudson Valley Cop Slammed Teen Girl to Ground
- Cuomo Wants 737 Flights Grounded, Local 737 Flights Cancelled
- Officials Warn Hudson Valley Will See an Increase of Coyotes
- Actress From Hudson Valley Charged in College Admission Scam
- Man Wanted For Murder in NJ Found Hiding in Hudson Valley
- Young Man Dies Skiing in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Found Murdered Inside Home, Gunman on Loose
- Massive Indoor Waterpark Opening Soon in the Hudson Valley
- Opening of Nickelodeon Theme Park Near Hudson Valley Delayed
- Hudson Valley Athlete Featured in Nike Ad, Signs Pro Contract
- Hudson Valley Teacher Accused of Holding Mock Slave Auction
- Truck Catches Fire in Hudson Valley After Driving Over Power Line
- Route 9 Shut Down For Hours Following Fatal Accident
- Man Accused of Sexually Abusing Hudson Valley Child on the Run
- New Movie Theater Opening Soon in Hudson Valley