Hudson Valley Man Killed By Metro-North Train, Police Say
A Hudson Valley man was fatally hit by a train in the local area.
On Tuesday just past 8 p.m, Port Jervis City police responded to a report of a man who was hit by a commuter train in the vicinity of Jersey Avenue near the intersection with Pennsylvania Avenue.
An initial investigation revealed a 53-year-old Port Jervis man was fatally struck by a westbound commuter train, police say. It's unclear at this time why the man was in the railroad track.
The incident is currently under investigation by the Port Jervis City and Metropolitan Transportation Authority Police Departments. The name of the victim is being withheld until notification of his family.
- Nazi Flag Displayed Near Hudson Valley School, Church
- 5 Dead From Tainted Drugs Sold in New York, Police Warn
- Rabid Kitten Bites Hudson Valley Resident
- Hudson Valley Man Killed By Metro-North Train, Police Say
- Lower Hudson Valley Father Won't Take Plea Deal in Twins' Deaths
- 1 Dead 1 With Life-threatening injuries After Crash in Dutchess County
- Hudson Valley Woman Wins $1 Million Drawing
- Hudson Valley Woman Fatally Shot, Shooter Still On the Run
- Hudson Valley Man, 'World’s Oldest-Working Barber' Dies