Hudson Valley Man Killed Cutting Down Tree, Police Say
It appears a Hudson Valley man lost his life while attempting to cut down a tree.
On Sunday around 6:30 p.m., members of the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office responded to a report of an unconscious man on Martin Drive in Yulan.
At the scene, deputies found 63-year-old Alan Clough of Yulan who apparently drove to the location on an ATV and attempted to cut down a tree with a chain saw, police say.
According to police, a preliminary investigation indicates the tree fell on Clough, causing serious injury. Clough was unable to get back to his back to his ATV or call for help. He was found dead at the scene.
An autopsy Monday indicated Clough suffered massive trauma and broken bones to his legs and torso.
- Beloved Hudson Valley Teacher Killed in New York City
- Hudson Valley Man Killed Trying to Help Crash Victim
- Hudson Valley Schools Placed on Lockdown After Stabbing
- Hudson Valley Dog Stolen From Owner's Car on Valentine's Day
- Hudson Valley Man Killed Cutting Down Tree, Police Say
- Outrage Grows For Hudson Valley Inmate's Sudden Death in Prison
- Reward Offered to Help Find Local Couple Accused of Killing Dogs