Hudson Valley Man Named ‘Butterball’ Accused of Violent Assault
A Hudson Valley man called "Butterball" is accused of beating a man at a gas station with wine bottles and more.
On Thursday, 46-year-old James E. Martin, aka "Butterball," of Monticello was charged with assault and criminal possession of a weapon, felonies.
Around 8:30 a.m., Monticello police responded to a report of an assault victim at the Broadway Mobil mart in the Village of Monticello.
Police found a 30-year-old Monticello man bleeding from a cut to the head. He was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Officers reviewed video surveillance which showed the victim standing at the store counter when Martin came up from behind and struck the victim in the head with a bottle of soda, police say.
Martin is also accused of pushing the victim to the floor, repeatedly punching him in the head and face and smashing two bottles of wine over the victim's head.
Martin was found an arrested around 4:30 p.m. in Monticello. He was remanded to Sullivan County Jail on $20,000 bail pending further court action.
- 2018 Hudson Valley Fireworks Guide
- Hudson Valley Man Dead in Apparent Double-Suicide
- Hudson Valley Teacher’s Aide Raped, Sexually Abused Boy
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Raped Teen He Friended on Social Media
- Multiple Large Venomous Snakes Found Near Hudson Valley Homes
- Hudson Valley Man Confesses After Dead Remains Found in Planter
- Hudson Valley Teen Signs MLB Contract
- Hudson Valley Police Arrest 7 in Prostitution, Drug Enforcement
- 'Horror Plant' Causes Blindness, Burns Found in Hudson Valley
- Police Save Suicidal Student On Top of Hudson Valley Water Tower