Hudson Valley Man Slammed Woman’s Face Into Car
A Hudson Valley man brutally beat his girlfriend on at least two occasions.
On Thursday in Orange County Court, a jury found 40-year-old Eric Gilchrist of Middletown guilty of two counts of assault and criminal contempt for beating the same women twice and violating the woman's order of protection.
During the trial, prosecutors argued that Gilchrist, who had dated and lived with the victim, assaulted her on at least two occasions.
Prosecutors argued in July, Gilchrist became enraged at the victim, who was with another man and forcefully slammed her face into the roof of a parked car, denting the car and causing the victim to suffer a broken nose, black eyes, a laceration and other significant injuries and pain.
The jury also convicted Gilchrist for assaulting the same women in May while they were in the Middletown apartment they shared. Following the May beating, an order of protection was issued for the woman.
Gilchrist was remanded to the Orange County Jail without bail following the jury’s verdict.
- Police Need Your Help Looking For Missing Hudson Valley Siblings
- Hudson Valley Officer Dead, 2 Officers Hurt in Home Shooting
- Hudson Valley County Announces Permanent Ban on Plastic Bags
- DA: Hudson Valley Mother Tried to Murder Newborn
- Hudson Valley Man Murdered Near Popular Bar
- 13 Hudson Valley Businesses Sold Alcohol to Minors, SLA Says
- Plane Heading to Dutchess County Lands on Golf Course, 3 Injured
- Hudson Valley Brothers Arrested for Black Friday Rape, Robbery