Hudson Valley Pirate Radio Station Shut Down
A pirate radio station in the Hudson Valley is off the air.
On Tuesday, the FCC’s Enforcement Bureau and the Westchester County District Attorney’s Office announced details of a joint investigation resulting in the arrest of and arraignment of a pirate radio operator in Croton-On-Hudson.
Officials traced the illegal broadcasts and located the alleged operator, Richard Dominguez, and seized Dominguez’s radio equipment.
Dominguez was charged with unauthorized radio transmission.
The FCC investigated a complaint of a pirate radio signal broadcasting on 98.5 FM in Croton-On-Hudson in Westchester County.
The illegal station was operated by Dominguez under the name “La Mojada FM," officials say.
The FCC shared the information with the Westchester County District Attorney’s Office, which seized the illegal pirate radio station equipment and arrested Dominguez.
- 19 Beloved Hudson Valley Businesses Closed in 2018
- Chance of Snow In Hudson Valley on Thursday
- Police: Teen Placed Neo-Nazi Flyers at Hudson Valley School
- Hudson Valley Officer Dead, 2 Officers Hurt in Home Shooting
- Hudson Valley County Announces Permanent Ban on Plastic Bags
- DA: Hudson Valley Mother Tried to Murder Newborn
- Hudson Valley Man Murdered Near Popular Bar
- 13 Hudson Valley Businesses Sold Alcohol to Minors, SLA Says
- Hudson Valley Brothers Arrested for Black Friday Rape, Robbery