Hudson Valley Politician Introduces Universal Health Care Bill
A Hudson Valley politician is hoping to bring universal health care to the local area and nation.
On Monday, Congressman Antonio Delgado (NY-19) reintroduced the Medicare-X Choice Act, legislation which would create a public option health plan available for purchase on the individual and small business exchanges. The bill would combine Medicare physician networks and reimbursement rates with the Affordable Care Act coverage standards to create a new, public health insurance option available to all Americans.
"We cannot continue to be the only developed country in the world without universal health care," Delagado wrote on Facebook while sharing news about his bill.
According to a press release, the Medicare-X Choice Act uses the existing health care system and provides more options for the public of all ages. Medicare-X would be offered through individual and family coverage plans and the Medicare provider network would be expanded to include pediatricians, children’s hospitals and others. The bill also allows for prescription drug negotiation through Medicare Part D.
"My goal is to get us to universal coverage as fast as possible, and the best way to do that is by creating a public option, giving everyone the choice to opt into Medicare. I will also work to eliminate regulations that protect the pharmaceutical companies at the expense of the health of everyday Americans, and will work to give Medicare the power to negotiate drug prices," Delagado said while running for Congress.
- Measles Continues Spreading at Alarming Rates in Hudson Valley
- 'Sexually Violent' Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley Nursery
- Police: Wanted Woman With 25 Aliases Found in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Dies at Popular Fishing Spot
- 'Impractical Jokers' Set to Perform Live in the Hudson Valley
- 5 Hudson Valley Places Among Most Dangerous in New York
- Gigantic Indoor Waterpark Ready to Open in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Police Officer Dies Unexpectedly
- Hudson Valley Woman, 2 Dogs Killed in Fire
- Helicopter With 6 Aboard Crashes in Hudson Valley
- Fatal Tractor-Trailer Accident Closes I-87 For Hours