Hudson Valley Rallies Behind Teen Fighting For His Life
The Hudson Valley is rallying behind a local teen who's "in a battle for his life" from cancer.
Arlington High School graduate, Austin Heck was recently diagnosed with cancer. A GoFundMe was started to help the 19-year-old's family with the costs of medical care and more.
"Austin is an Arlington High School graduate that has been diagnosed with cancer and is in a battle for his life that he will CONQUER! Any help will be much appreciated by him and his family," Melissa Ann wrote on the GoFundMe. "#HECK8STRONG"
The GoFundMe didn't go into details about Heck's cancer but noted Austin has had three rounds of chemotherapy.
"Austin has had 3 rounds of chemo with some success but the swelling in brain remained and today Austin went into surgery to remove the pressure from the brain," Ann wrote on Tuesday in an update on the GoFundMe.
In 2016, Heck quarterbacked the Arlington football team to an undefeated regular season record and the top seed in the playoffs.
"Austin Heck needs a little help. Our help," Rich Thomaselli wrote on the Hudson Valley Sports Report's Facebook while sharing Heck's GoFund Me. "Austin has been diagnosed with cancer, and from all accounts it is fairly far along."
As of this writing, $45,980 was raised by over 880 people in five days.
- Hudson Valley Rallies Behind Teen Fighting For His Life
- Winter Weather Advisory Issued For Parts of Hudson Valley
- NYSP: Firefighter, Police Part Of Huge Hudson Valley Drug Ring
- Paul Rudd, Dean Morgan, Burton Help Hudson Valley Nonprofit
- Award-Winning Restaurant Plans Major Expansion in Hudson Valley
- Gunman On the Run After 2 Shot Near Hudson Valley School
- Politician Accused of 'Psychologically Abusing' Pregnant Wife
- Hudson Valley Father of 4 Killed in Alaska, Family Could Use Help
- Woman Dies After Falling Into Freezing Hudson River
- Child Nearly Kidnapped Walking Dog in Hudson Valley, Police Say
- Tire-Gashing Devices Found on Streets in Hudson Valley