Hudson Valley Restaurant Featured on Food Network
Guy Fieri raved about a number of items while visiting a Hudson Valley restaurant.
The Eveready Diner in Hyde Park was featured on the Food Network on its hit show Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. The Hyde Park eatery was featured in an episode titled "Local Legends" which aired during the sixth episode of Season 1.
Fieri was impressed that after more than 50 years in business the diner still bakes their own bread and makes their pancake batter from scratch. The retro chrome and red decor inside and out also caught the host's eye.
The diner is run by a family and features over 40 types of homemade cakes, pies and bread, according to the Food Network.
While at the diner, Guy enjoyed the focaccia bread topped with feta, onions, olives and tomatoes. He absolutely loved the short ribs and the brownie sundae.
The Eveready Diner's special dishes include 3-cheese macaroni and cheese, shepherd's pie in a half-roasted squash and lobster quesadillas, the Food Network reports.
- Amazon May Come To Hudson Valley, Bringing Nearly 1,000 Jobs
- Man Charged in Fatal Hudson Valley Hit-And-Run Released From Jail
- Hudson Valley Residents Can Now Train Like a Ninja Warrior
- Hudson Valley Activist Dies Days After Diagnosed With Flu
- Mysterious Stone Sculpture Appears in Hudson Valley
- Legal Weed in New York Takes Major Step Forward
- New York Giants Gives Newburgh School Large Grant