It’s Legal in These 43 States To Eat Your Pet
Does the headline surprise you? Believe it or not it is legal to eat dog in 43 states, yes those are the United States. To be honest, it shocked this writer that this is still legally ok to be done. The following states are the only ones that have said "No, Thank You" to the act of eating dog,California, Georgia, Hawaii, Michigan, New Jersey, New York and Virginia.
The ways that it is legal in the remaining states is that you as an individual can slaughter and eat the animal, but slaughter houses are not allowed to do it. Here is a link to the 2017 bill that is trying to ban the killing and eating of dogs and cats.
Here is the way that the New York law is written "it shall be unlawful for any slaughterhouse, abattoir or other place or establishment, or for any person, to slaughter or butcher domesticated dog (canis familiaris) or domesticated cat (felis catus or
domesticus) to create food, meat or meat products for human or animal
Does that fact that this is not law in so many states surprise you? Disgust you even?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America