Man Pleads Guilty To Crash That Killed 2 Women In Hudson Valley
A woman looking at her possible wedding venue in the Hudson Valley and her friend were killed when a man crashed into a local home while allegedly driving high and drunk.
On Tuesday in Orange County Court, 32-year-old Christopher Perrella of New Jersey pleaded guilty to aggravated vehicular homicide in connection with the deaths of two women, who were passengers in a car that Perrella was driving in Orange County.
On Nov. 4, 2017, Perrella was driving a car with his girlfriend, a male friend and that friend's fiancee. Both women were killed when the car crashed into a house on Glenwood Road in the Town of Warwick.
The two women, 36-year-old Emily Carwile and Jessica Dussault, both from New Jersey, were thrown from the car during the crash.
Perrella was driving a two-door topless convertible which turned over, according to police.
The two couples visited a possible wedding venue in the Town of Warwick, officials say.
Perrella was accused of driving while his ability to operate the car impaired by both alcohol and marijuana.
As part of the plea agreement, the Orange County District Attorney’s Office announced that it will be recommending that Perrella be sentenced to six to 18 years in prison. The Court stated it would sentence Perrella to no more than five to 15 years in state prison.
- 19 Beloved Hudson Valley Businesses Closed in 2018
- Chance of Snow In Hudson Valley on Thursday
- Police: Teen Placed Neo-Nazi Flyers at Hudson Valley School
- Hudson Valley Officer Dead, 2 Officers Hurt in Home Shooting
- Hudson Valley County Announces Permanent Ban on Plastic Bags
- DA: Hudson Valley Mother Tried to Murder Newborn
- Hudson Valley Man Murdered Near Popular Bar
- 13 Hudson Valley Businesses Sold Alcohol to Minors, SLA Says
- Hudson Valley Brothers Arrested for Black Friday Rape, Robbery