New York State Woman Charged After Throwing Pork at Synagogue
A Capitol Region woman is being charged with a hate crime after officials say she threw pork chops at a synagogue. CBS Albany is reporting that the woman is charged with Harassment in the First Degree as a Hate Crime.
Police say the incident happened January 19 when the suspect allegedly tossed a package of pork chops at the Congregation Anshe Emeth in the town of Greenport, New York. She wasn't quite done yet. CBS reports that the same woman returned to the synagogue later that night to take pictures.
CBS says she appeared in court Saturday and will return to court Monday.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH. Stream us live through the website, Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WPDH mobile app.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins weekdays from 10AM to 2PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie