Person Hit By Car Crossing Route 9 Near Marist College
Police are investigating after a person was hit by a car while trying to cross Route 9 near Marist College.
On Sunday around 5:40 p.m., the Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department learned about a motor vehicle accident involving a person on North Road (State Route 9) near Marist College.
A northbound 2015 Honda CR-V driven by a 63-year-old Hyde Park resident hit a 61-year-old from Poughkeepsie who was attempting to cross the street, not in the crosswalk, police say.
The Poughkeepsie resident suffered non-life threatening injuries and was taken to a local hospital, according to police. The Hyde Park driver wasn't injured.
Police didn't release the names of either person. No charges have been filed at this time, but police say their investigation is ongoing and anyone who witnessed the crash should call the Town of Poughkeepsie Police Traffic Enforcement Unit at 845-485-3680.
Northbound traffic near Marist College was closed for three hours while crash investigators processed the scene.
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Now Offering Free Food
- Married Hudson Valley Couple Found Dead Inside Home
- Credit Card Skimmers Found at 2 Hudson Valley Gas Stations
- Chance of Snow For Hudson Valley on Multiple Days This Week
- Gigantic Indoor Waterpark Coming To Hudson Valley
- Tappan Zee Bridge To Be Blown Up
- Highest Paid Teachers in Hudson Valley