Police: Hudson Valley Man Found Drunk in Car at Library
A Hudson Valley man is accused of drinking in the parking lot of a local public library.
On Sunday at 12:15 p.m., Saugerties Police responded to a report about a man drinking what appeared to be alcohol in a car at the Saugerties Public Library.
Responding officers found the car and the driver in the library and did observe an open container of beer in the vehicle, police say.
Following an investigation, 65-year-old George J. Dagis of Saugerties was arrested. Dagis was processed at Saugerties Police Headquarters where he submitted to a chemical breath test which resulted in Dagis having a BAC of .23, according to police.
Dagis was released to a third party upon completion of processing.
He was sentenced to aggravated DWI, common law DWI, refusal to take a pre-screen breath test, drinking alcohol in a motor vehicle on a highway, and having an unsafe tire.
- Beloved Hudson Valley Teacher, Father to 10 Killed
- Sex Trafficking Happening in Hudson Valley at 'Alarming Rates'
- Teen Killed in Crash in Hudson Valley, Driver Arrested
- Police Seek Help After Man Killed Potentially Racing on Taconic
- Hudson Valley High School Senior Killed in Crash
- Man Found Dead Pinned Under Truck in Hudson Valley
- Encounter With Bouncer, Customer at Hudson Valley Bar Goes Viral
- Hudson Valley Woman With Suspended License Causes Fatal Accident