Police: Hudson Valley Man With 181 Bags of Heroin at Stewart’s
A Hudson Valley man is accused of possessing nearly 200 bags of heroin and assaulting three officers.
On Friday around 4:30 p.m., members from the Town of Wallkill Police Department stopped a vehicle in the parking lot of Stewart’s Shop.
During the stop, the driver, 27-year-old Jacob Gill of the Town of Wallkill is accused of trying to flee on foot. He was caught a short distance away.
While being taken into custody, he allegedly assaulted three officers. Gill was found in possession of 181 bags of heroin, 19 grams of cocaine and a knife, police say.
Afterward, Town of Wallkill police, with the assistance of the Orange County Sheriff’s Office, Special Operations Group, executed a search warrant at Gill's home and allegedly found 10 bags of heroin, 1 gram of cocaine and a large quantity of packaging material used for narcotics.
Gill was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance, assault and criminal possession of a weapon.
He was remanded to Orange County Jail on $45,000 cash bail or $90,000 bond.
- Hudson Valley School District May Ban Homework
- Hudson Valley School Bus Involved in Head-On Crash
- Reward Doubled for Info On Fatal I-84 Hit-And-Run
- New York Officials Declare 'Emergency' Across Tri-State
- Hudson Valley Police Officer Killed Days Before Wedding
- Hudson Valley High School Deals With Tragedy For 3rd Year
- Hudson Valley Bed & Breakfast Owners Took Money From Disabled Man