Police: Hudson Valley Woman Arrested For Possessing Over 1 Pound of Weed
A Hudson Valley woman is accused of possessing $1,000 to $6,000 worth of weed.
On Tuesday around 2:15 a.m., New York State Police stopped a vehicle on I-87 in the town of Woodbury for an alleged vehicle and traffic violation.
During the interview of the driver, Lindsey A. Abrams, 29, of Wappingers Falls, a probable cause to search the vehicle was established, police say.
During the search, Abrams was allegedly found to be in possession of approximately 17.25 ounces of marijuana. According to Narcotic News, a pound of weed is costs about $1,000 to $6,000 in New York state depending on the potency.
She was transported to SP Newburgh where she was processed without incident and charged with felony criminal possession of marijuana and undisclosed vehicle and traffic violations. Abrams was arraigned before the Town of Woodbury Court. No bail information was released.
- Snow Will Likely Lead to Messy Evening Commute, Icy Morning
- SUNY New Paltz Hall of Famer Killed in Florida
- 'Sexually Violent' Sex Offender Hid in Hudson Valley, Police Say
- Beloved Hudson Valley Teacher Killed in New York City
- Hudson Valley Man Killed Trying to Help Crash Victim
- Hudson Valley Schools Placed on Lockdown After Stabbing
- Hudson Valley Dog Stolen From Owner's Car on Valentine's Day
- Hudson Valley Man Killed Cutting Down Tree, Police Say
- Outrage Grows For Hudson Valley Inmate's Sudden Death in Prison
- Reward Offered to Help Find Local Couple Accused of Killing Dogs