Police: Man Overdoses at Fast Food Restaurant, Narcan Used
Narcan was used to save the life of a man who overdosed in the bathroom of an Orange County fast food restaurant.
Once again police officers from the Hudson Valley have saved a person's life by using Narcan.
On Wednesday morning, officers from the Town of Wallkill were dispatched to the Hardee's on Route 211 in Middletown following a "Emergency Medical Services" call.
Upon arrival, officers found a 34 year-old Middletown man semi-conscious in the restaurant's restroom. The victim was unresponsive and demonstrating signs of an overdose.
Officers began delivering emergency first aid, including the use of Narcan, which was administered nasally. Shortly after, the victim began to regain consciousness.
The victim was transported to the hospital by ambulance.