Police: Sex Offender Hiding in the Hudson Valley
A sex offender has been hiding in the Hudson Valley for over a month.
On Wednesday, members of the Ulster County Sheriff's Office arrested 62-year-old Joseph E. Mannello for failure to register as a sexual offender, a felony.
On February 22, deputies attempted to verify Mannello’s address, a common procedure for registered sex offenders, but it was discovered Mannello was no longer living at his registered address and had not been for several weeks, police say.
On Wednesday, deputies located and arrested Mannello on Wall Street in Kingston.
Mannello was arraigned in the Town of Olive Justice Court and remanded to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $10,000 cash bail or $20,000 secured bond.
Last year, Mannello was arrested in for allegedly assaulting someone at an Ulster County motel.
- Baby, Mother Killed Crossing Route 52 in Fishkill
- Hudson Valley Woman Arrested For Bringing Loaded Gun to School
- Local Family That Lost Baby, Mother in Fatal Crash Needs Help
- 3 Hudson Valley Teens Charged With Classmate’s Stabbing Death
- State Police Continue to Investigate Dead Body Found in Woods
- Hudson Valley Teen Loses Feet, Hand From Flu
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Assaults Ex, Masturbates Near Child
- 4 Charged After Man Brutally Murdered in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley