Presidential Candidate Weighs in on Where Upstate NY Starts
A Presidential candidate weighed in the ever-pressing issued, "Is the Hudson Valley in upstate New York?"
In the most recent 'Lovett or Leave It' podcast host Jon Lovett, a former President Obama speechwriter, was joined by U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D NY-20) on stage at the Anthem in Washington, DC to discuss her 2020 Presidential campaign, health care and more.
Over an hour into the podcast, Lovett asked Gillibrand, "What is the line of demarcation for upstate New York? Where does it begin?"
Albany. It begins at Albany. I'm sorry it's not (the) Hudson Valley. If you're in Albany you're an upstater and above. The Hudson Valley is the Hudson Valley. Only New Yorkers would say Westchester is upstate, and I mean people in New York City.
The crowd roared in appreciation of Gillibrand's comment. Do you agree with Gillibrand?
- SUNY New Paltz Student Accused of Killing Mother
- Arrest Made In Connection of Killing of Hudson Valley Woman
- Hudson Valley Man Jailed Following School Shooting Threat Probe
- Just How Low is Gov. Cuomo's Favorability Rating?
- Presidential Candidate Weighs in on Where Upstate NY Starts
- Hudson Valley Superintendent Trending After School Closing Song
- Family of Mother Police Say Was Sexually Assaulted Could Use Help
- Crime is Dramatically Rising in These Hudson Valley Counties
- Update on Contaminated Milk That Could Lead to Fatal Infection
- Beloved Hudson Valley Diner Closes For Good
- Man Shot in Chest in Hudson Valley, Armed Shooter On The Run
- Student Charged With Assaulting Hudson Valley Teacher
- Top-Ranking Hudson Valley Fire Officials Charged With Corruption
- NYSP Child Abuse Unit Arrest 2 Hudson Valley Residents