Rumors Swirl About Louis C.K. Show in Hudson Valley
Leaked reports say Louis C.K. will perform in the Hudson Valley as he tries to make a #MeToo comeback attempt.
Social media was buzzing on Monday after news broke that Louis C.K. is scheduled to perform a stand-up comedy set at the Majed J. Nesheiwat Convention Center, formerly the Mid-Hudson Civic Center, on March 11 at 7:30 p.m.
Reaction about the C.K.'s local performance was mixed. Some were happy one of the biggest comedians in the world was sent to perform in the Hudson Valley, while others didn't want him to perform after he admitted sexual misconduct allegations from several women were true.
In 2017, C.K. was accused by at least five women of sexual misconduct. In a statement, C.K. said, "these stories are true."
The marquee outside the Majed J. Nesheiwat Convention Center advertised the comedian's upcoming performance early Monday but then was taken down late Monday afternoon.
A spokesperson from the Convention Center said they have been in talks with Louis C.K. but the show "isn't confirmed."
Ticketmaster posted a link to purchase tickets for the Poughkeepsie show, but the link has since been taken down.
"Ticketmaster accidentally put it up, but the show is not confirmed," the spokesperson told Hudson Valley Post on the phone.
Other ticket sites, like Vivid Seats are still selling tickets for the show.
- West Point Cadet Tries to Bring Porn Star to Military Banquet
- Rumors Swirl About Louis C.K. Show in Hudson Valley
- New York Flag Could Change For First Time in 138 Years
- 14 Eateries the Hudson Valley Wants
- Black Bear Spotted Near Hudson Valley Home's Front Door
- Hudson Valley Woman Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue Finalist
- 11 Sex Offenders Living in Hudson Valley Arrested
- Foot of Snow Forecast For Hudson Valley After Record Heat
- 11 Hudson Valley Restaurants With 5 or More Critical Violations
- Cuomo Promises to Legalized Marijuana in New York This Year
- 'Beloved' Lower Hudson Valley Coach Killed in Home Fire
- Father, Kids Find Dead Body in Hudson Valley State Park