SUNY New Paltz Student Indicted in Mother’s Murder
A SUNY New Paltz student is accused of killing his mother and leaving her dead body in a garbage can.
On Monday in Manhattan Criminal Court, 22-year-old Jared Eng was indicted on second-degree murder charges and more in the death of his mother, the New York Post reports.
Paula Chin, 65, from Manhattan was found dead in her second home in New Jersey last week. Investigators said she was stabbed three times.
Her son Eng, is accused of slashing his mother's throat in their New York City home and stuffing her into a bag. Eng killed his mother during a fight over his deceased dad's will, sources tell the New York Pos
After killing Chin, Eng called his girlfriends 22-year-old Caitlyn O’Rourke of Putnam County and 18-year-old Jennifer Lopez, police say. The group is accused of leaving Chin's dead body inside a garbage can in New Jersey.
Eng and O'Rourke both attended SUNY New Paltz. O'Rourke and Lopez were previously charged with tampering with evidence and concealing a human corpse.
Lopez was indicted in connection to the cover-up. O’Rourke’s case wasn't indicted, according to the New York Post.
O’Rourke previously told investigators she received a phone call from Eng who told her he killed his mother.
- SUNY New Paltz Student Accused of Killing Mother
- Arrest Made In Connection of Killing of Hudson Valley Woman
- Hudson Valley Man Jailed Following School Shooting Threat Probe
- Just How Low is Gov. Cuomo's Favorability Rating?
- Presidential Candidate Weighs in on Where Upstate NY Starts
- Hudson Valley Superintendent Trending After School Closing Song
- Family of Mother Police Say Was Sexually Assaulted Could Use Help
- Crime is Dramatically Rising in These Hudson Valley Counties
- Update on Contaminated Milk That Could Lead to Fatal Infection
- Beloved Hudson Valley Diner Closes For Good
- Man Shot in Chest in Hudson Valley, Armed Shooter On The Run
- Student Charged With Assaulting Hudson Valley Teacher
- Top-Ranking Hudson Valley Fire Officials Charged With Corruption
- NYSP Child Abuse Unit Arrest 2 Hudson Valley Residents