Teen Killed Near Hudson Valley High School
A teen was fatally shot in the head several times near a Hudson Valley high school.
Late Monday night, Village of Monticello Police, in conjunction with the New York State Police, Town of Fallsburg Police, Sullivan County Sheriff Office and the Sullivan County District Attorney Office, announced an arrest was made in the homicide death of a 19-year-old Brooklyn man.
An autopsy revealed the victim, Lawrence Burns, was shot several times in the head at the Monticello Meadows apartment complex at Shaker Heights Drive in the Village of Monticello around 3:30 a.m. Sunday, police say.
Tuesday afternoon, police announced they charged 19-year-old Howard A. Sanders of Loch Sheldrake with murder, criminal possession of a weapon and tampering with physical evidence, all felonies.
A search warrant was executed at an apartment at the Monticello Meadows apartment complex resulted in the seizure of physical evidence related to the homicide, according to police.
Sanders was remanded to the Sullivan County Jail without bail.
The Monticello Meadows apartment complex is 0.5 miles from Monticello High School, according to Google Maps.
- Cases of Fatal Brain Swelling Virus Triples
- Two School Buses Collide in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Sexually Abused Child
- Hudson Valley Doctor Prescribed Unapproved Cancer Drugs
- Police Will Pull You For This in New York Over Next 2 Weeks
- 2 NYPD, Including Groom Killed on Wedding Day in Hudson Valley
- Alarming Number of Hudson Valley Ticks Spread Lyme Disease