Teen Seriously Injured While Tubing in Hudson Valley
A young boy needed multiple staples to close a wound to his head after he slammed into a boat while tubing in the Hudson Valley.
On Wednesday around 12:30 p.m., the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office responded to a 911 call of a boat accident on Sackett Lake in the Town of Thompson.
At the scene, deputies learned that a boat pulling a 13-year-old boy on a tube swerved to avoid colliding with another boat. However, the boat towing the boy made its turn too late and the boy on the tube slammed into the side of the other boat, police say.
The unnamed 13-year-old was transported to Orange Regional Medical Center where he received 4 staples to close a laceration on his head, according to the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office.
No charges were filed and the boy is expected to recover fully, police say. Deputies were assisted at the scene by Mobile Medic and Monticello Fire Department.
- Hudson Valley Mom Warns of Child Abduction Attempt at Supermarket
- PHOTOS: Billy Joel, Mariah Carey Hang Out In Lower Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Dog Found With Fecal Matter on Coat, Maggots In Nose
- Hudson Valley Man Killed While Trying To Walk Across I-87: Police
- Hudson Valley Applebee's Closed For Good
- Bear Seen Outside Hudson Valley Church
- 2 Beloved Hudson Valley Restaurants Close Down
- Hudson Valley Woman Dies Swimming Near Home
- Teen Nearly Killed After Falling 35 Feet into Swimming Hole
- Hudson Valley Couple Accused of Hate Crime in Chili’s Parking Lot
- Hudson Valley Woman Charged in $7 Million Health Care Scheme