Troopers Seize 30 Pounds Of Pot
On Wednesday evening New York State Police stopped a vehicle on I-87 in the town of Woodbury for vehicle and traffic violations.
While interviewing the driver Troopers gained probable cause to search the vehicle and both occupants. As a result of the search, Troopers said they found the driver, 38-year-old Marlon D. Moore of the Bronx and 39-year-old passenger Carey R. Nelson to be in possession of 30 pounds of marijuana.
Both men were arrested and charged with:
- Criminal possession of marijuana in the first degree; a Class C felony (both subjects)
- Forgery, secpnd degree; a Class D felony (Moore only)
- Criminal impersonation second degree; a Class A misdemeanor (Moore only)
- Aggravated unlicensed operation in the first degree; a Class E felony (Moore only)
- Vehicle and traffic violations; (Moore only)
The two men were arraigned in the Town of Woodbury Court and remanded to Orange County Jail in lieu of $50,000 cash or $100,000 bond as bail.