WEIRD: Police Save Peacock That Was Roaming in Traffic in New York
Law enforcement has certainly had their hands full in 2020, but sometimes it's the stranger, more mundane parts of the job you don't always hear about. When a peacock gets loose from the zoo, someone's going to have find it.
The NY Post reports that police got a call Monday that the bird was roaming through traffic in Crown Heights near Eastern Parkway. The bird had escaped from Prospect Park Zoo, which has been closed since mid March.
Cops at first had a bit of a struggle corralling the bird, as they attempted to surround the animal. Eventually, they had their way, as they were able to coax the bird back to the zoo, where it simply flew back over the gate.
All in a day's work.
Listen to Hopkins in Middays on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH. Stream us live through the website, Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WPDH mobile app.
Listen to Hopkins in Middays on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Fireworks 2020
- 7 Secret Tips to Winning a Radio Call-In Contest
- The 11 Biggest Celebrities Born in the Hudson Valley
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Restaurants
Hudson Valley Restaurants That Want to Reopen Tops This Week's Local News
No hindsight music unit displayed.