West Point grad Wrote ‘Communism will win’ in Graduation Cap
The West Point graduate who wrote "Communism Will Win" in his cap has been discharged.
In 2017, Spenser Rapone posted photos to social media from his May 2016 West Point graduation that went viral. One showed him with his fist raised and his cap with “Communism will win," written inside. Another photo showed him open his uniform to show Che Guevara. You can see the photos HERE.
Rapone later said he tweeted the photos in support of Colin Kaepernick who was being criticized for kneeling during the national anthem, reports the Guardian.
The photos earned the second lieutenant the nickname the "commie cadet," NBC News reports. On Monday, less than a year after Rapone posted the criticized photos, he was given an other-than-honorable discharge.
“Second Lieutenant Rapone’s actions in no way reflect the values of the U.S. Military Academy or the U.S. Army,” West Point officials said in a statement, according to Fox News.
- Hudson Valley Teen Drowns in Creek
- Police Warn After 'Predicate Sex Offender' Moves to Ulster County
- Hudson Valley Family Loses Everything in Fire, Help Needed
- 7-Story Building Collapses in Poughkeepsie, People Likely Trapped
- How To Avoid Deadly Brain-Eating Parasite
- Man Shot and Killed by Police in Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Fondled Self at Kohl's in Front of Kids
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Pinched Child's Buttocks at Marshall's
- Hudson Valley Firefighters Deliver Baby Girl
- Weed May Soon Be Legal in New York State
- Hudson Valley Girl Is Fastest Girl in U.S. History