Winter Storm Watches Issued For Most of the Hudson Valley
Update 5 p.m.: This post has been updated as Orange and Putnam counties have joined the rest of the Hudson Valley with Winter Storm Watches
Winter Storm Watches have been issued for all of the Hudson Valley with 7 to 14 inches of snow and ice predicted.
The National Weather Service issued a Winter Storm Watch for Dutchess, Ulster, Putnam, Orange Sullivan and Columbia counties. A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant snow, sleet or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
The Winter Storm Watch is in effect for Dutchess, Ulster and Columbia counties starting at 4 p.m. Saturday until 7 p.m. Sunday. The watch is in effect for Sullivan County from 1 p.m. Saturday until 4 p.m. Sunday.
The National Weather Service is predicting total snow and sleet accumulations of over 7 inches in 12 hours for Dutchess and Ulster counties.
Over 9 inches of snow is possible for Columbia County while Sullivan County could see 8 to 14 inches of snow mixed with some ice, according to the National Weather Service.
The Winter Storm Watch for Orange and Putnam counties start at noon on Saturday and lasts until 6 p.m. Sunday.
Heavy mixed precipitation is possible. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 10 inches and ice accumulations of around one-tenth to a quarter of an inch are expected for those counties according to the National Weather Service.
- Winter Storm Watches Issued For Most of the Hudson Valley
- Business Abruptly Closes For Good at Poughkeepsie Galleria
- DA: Hudson Valley Man Watched Child Porn on Local Church Computer
- Foot of Snow Still Not Ruled Out For Hudson Valley This Weekend
- Longtime Hudson Valley Restaurant Suddenly Closes
- Hudson Valley City Among 'Most Dangerous' in United States
- These Children Have Gone Missing From The Hudson Valley
- Car Demolishes Popular Hudson Valley Deli & Pizzeria, 2 Injured
- Woman Fatally Struck By Car Walking in Hudson Valley, 1 Injured
- 1 Killed After Car Crashes Into Hudson Valley Business
- Hudson Valley Man Found Dead in Ditch
- Major Expansion Planned For Woodbury Commons