You Could Live On Your Own Private Island in the Hudson Valley
A private island in the Hudson Vally could be your next home.
A private island in Putnam County is on the market for $850,000. It's called Willow Island and is located in the middle of Putnam Lake in Patterson.
"This picturesque and unique waterfront property has 360-degree views of beautiful Putnam Lake. Accessible by boat, Willow Island is paradise for nature lovers, fishermen and outdoor enthusiasts. Your own private island is complete with multiple docks overlooking the calm non-motorized lake," the Houlihan Lawrence listing states.
The home was built in 1932 with what's believed to be the same stone quarry as the Holland Tunnel. The home has been recently updated with four bedrooms and 1.5 bathrooms.
The two-story, 1,922-square-foot Colonial home also comes with 35 windows, a stone fireplace, hardwood floors, a gourmet kitchen with high-end appliances, heat, cable, a new hot water heater, washer/dryer, internet and a 600 square foot studio.
There's also a private driveway and garage on the mainland. The private island also comes with a solar-powered boat, because, as listed above, motorized boats are banned on the lake.
Photos of this dream home can be seen below:
- You Could Live On Your Own Private Island in the Hudson Valley
- "#1 Hot Dog in the Country' Found in the Lower Hudson Valley
- Bieber is Getting Married To Girl From Hudson Valley, Again
- Men Killed After Being Electrocuted in Hudson Valley Identified
- Hudson Valley Drinking Water Contaminated By Tanker-Truck Crash
- 2 'Sexually Violent' Sex Offenders Move in Hudson Valley
- 2 Dead After Being Electrocuted in Hudson Valley
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Reopens After Devastating Fire
- Father of Seven Drowns Trying To Save Children in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley TV News Channel Being Shutdown, 150 Jobs Lost
- 2 Dead, Many Injured After Plane Crashes Into Hudson Valley Home
- Beloved Hudson Valley Deli Closes After Nearly 40 Years, Honored