How Long Do Canned Goods Really Last After Their Expiration?
Head into your pantry. Look close at the dates on those cans. Are they expired? What does that mean? If you eat the contents of the can will something happen to you? Will you 'expire' on the spot?
First, let's clear up the difference between a sell by date and a best by date. The sell by date is for the stores use. That date is the last day that the retailer can sell that particular product.
A best by date is the date that the item will have the best taste and it should be consumed by that date. A few days later should not give you any problems, but if it has been a month or a year plus, just toss it.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America