Hudson Valley Rail Bikes Set To Open
You're about to start hearing a lot about rail bike rides in The Catskills. The next big thing in Hudson Valley tourism has arrived and will start rolling down the tracks Memorial Day weekend.
The Daily Freeman reports two and four-person rides will are available and the booking of trips has begun. Rail Explorers USA are operating the bikes and are offering up an eight-mile ride that will take you around two hours. Concerned you might not make it? Yes, you will have to pedal but there is an electronic assist feature to help you on inclines.
In case you're wondering how it works, each tour has guides at the front and rear of the group. You will have other bikes on the ride with you but will have up to 500 feet between riders. You'll be riding down tracks west of the Ashokan Reservoir that was once operated by Catskill Mountain Railroad.
Plans are for rides to continue through October and reservations are encouraged. You can visit RailExplorers.net for more information.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America