Check this website. You could have money just sitting there waiting for you. It's Legit.Forgot about a utility bill deposit? Phone company owe you money? Did you move often and maybe not give some one your forwarding address?

Go to the NYS Comptroller Unclaimed Funds Site and type in your last name and first initial. Then look. If your name and address comes up you can start the process to get your money back by filling out a form.