New York State Now Knows You Like it Scary
So you like to check out all things that could potentially be haunted or 'scary' across the state? New York State has finally realized it and is helping you discover all of the hidden haunted places.
Seriously! NYS has now a site and publication called Haunted History Trail of New York. There are over 80 locations that the site has info on with 6 of them being here in the Hudson Valley.
The local locations that they suggest you check out include:
- Wing Castle in Millbrook
- Spook Rock Rd in Hudson
- Silvio's Villa in Warwick
- Miss Fanny's Victorian Party House in Wappingers
- Laurel Grove Cemetery in Port Jervis
- Hamlet of Pine Bush; UFO Capital of the East Coast
All of the above places are listed as a part of the historic haunted trail. There is also conjecture that the Beekman Arms in Rhinebeck is haunted and has a history that includes it being a part of the Underground Railroad, there are even ghost hunting groups that hold meetings once per year at the historic Rhinebeck hotel/inn.
Is there a historic and haunted location in New York that you think should be included in the list? Let us know, comment below.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America