Popular Middletown Brewery Set For Expansion
The Hudson Valley's craft beer scene continues to grow by leaps and bounds. One of the area's most popular brewers, Equilibrium, along with the City of Middletown have announced plans to open a taproom, restaurant and eventual beer garden.
The Times Herald-Record reports the deal will require City Council approval on the sale of the old TD Bank building on South Street at a cost of around $650,000. Equilibrium will continue to operate their current location on Henry Street when the new facility is ready to open.
Co-owner and CEO Ricardo Petroni said the move is two-fold, the increased space will allow them to meet current customer demand and allow expansion in the distribution end of the business.
Pete Oates, owner and COO, stated they simply don't have enough beer to send to all the establishments who wish to serve their product. The new three-story facility is expected to be open in late 2018.
Let us know: are you excited about the news of Equilibrium's expansion?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America