Sonic Youth Frontman Set For Kingston Show Friday
Thurston Moore will perform in Kingston Friday night but don't expect any Sonic Youth covers. He's set to play BSP with a new project called New Noise Guitar Explorations which will focus extended instrumental compositions. The new material focuses on noise, beauty, action, fire, and love.
The band features guitarist James Sedwards and Sonic Youth alum Steve Shelley on drums. According to their bio, 'they will incinerate and levitate all concert halls, basements, opera houses and the outdoor pavilions of planet Earth'. We can't wait to see that means.
Doors open at 7:30 and the show starts at 8. Tickets for this BSP show are $20 in advance and $25 at the door.
Sonic Youth formed in the early 80's and was highly influential to the grunge and alt-rock movements. They achieved mainstream success in the 1990 and 2000's after appearing at major festivals like Lollapalooza. In 2011, Sonic Youth went on hiatus but according to her 2015 autobiography, vocalist/bassist Kim Gordon stated that they were split up for good.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America