5 Easy Hudson Valley Hikes for Mom this Mother’s Day
One of the biggest holidays of the year is upon us. Well, at least that's what my mother tells me.
Mother's Day 2017 falls on Sunday, May 14. Every year it comes around and my brother, cousin and I are always scrambling to find a new place to bring our moms for brunch. Don't get me wrong--brunch is amazing. I love a good mimosa. But what about changing things up this Mother's Day? Take mom for a Mother's Day hike in the Hudson Valley
Now, I'm not ruling out brunch and mimosas completely. But what better way to work up an appetite than an easy hike?
Thanks to the interactive map on HikeTheHudsonValley.com and some personal experience, I've picked 5 easy hikes that mom can enjoy before brunch this Mother's Day:
5) Bear Hill Preserve in Cragsmoor- According to HTHV, it's a 1.5 mile walk with great views and awesome rock formations perfect for a photo op with mom.
4) Little Stony Point, Phillipstown- A one mile loop that takes you past the Hudson River beach and some cliffs. It's an easy trail for mom that will have you wanting that mimosa ASAP.
3) Vanderbuilt Mansion, Hyde Park- Take mom for a historic stroll around Vanderbuilt Mansion all the way down to the water and find some smaller trails by the water or enjoy a picnic on the big hill.
2) Stony Kill Falls, Wawarsing- I haven't been here yet, but Hike The Hudson Valley says there's a waterfall and it's only a 1.45 mile hike. They had me at waterfall. Think of the pictures you can take with mom in front of the falls, then put it in a frame and give it to her next year as a gift. You're welcome.
1) Innisfree Garden, Millbrook- This is probably one of my favorite places to visit in the Hudson Valley. Innisfree is an American Stroll Garden and makes you feel like you've left the Hudson Valley for a magical adventure. The amount of selfie I take here is ridiculous, but it's an easy hike around a pond, with waterfalls and structures that look like they're out of a fairy-tale. I promise you, Mom will love it.