Bannerman Island Hopes To Open In July
UPDATE: This article initially incorrectly listed Bannerman Islands' opening weekend. According to Executive Director Neil Caplan, they're waiting on approval from the state and hope to open for public tours in mid-July. Private self-guided tours could resume sooner, follow along on social media for updates.
Each experience on Bannerman Island will include round trip transportation and a guided tour of the island. The informative tour will include historical information as well as highlight work being done to rebuild and renovate old structures. This year attendees will have access to areas previously not available to the public including entry into the Bannerman family residence which opened last year.
In addition to hikes and walking tours, there have been live music performances, movie showings, campouts, photography workshops, and more. According to the Bannerman Castle Trust, more than 9,000 people visited the island and while numbers will undoubtedly be affected by the pandemic for 2020, interest in the uniquely Hudson Valley attraction is only growing.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Netflix Classic 'The Irishman' Filmed At Multiple Hudson Valley Locations
- 2019 WRRV Sessions Photo Rewind
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center
- Hudson Valley Restaurants