Clinton To Receive Honor in Hudson Valley
A Hudson Valley organization is once again honoring the Clinton Family.
The Eleanor Roosevelt Center at Val-Kill announced the 2019 Eleanor Roosevelt Val-Kill Medal Recipients. Five women are set to be honored this year, including Chelsea Clinton.
Each year, The Eleanor Roosevelt Center at Val-Kill honors recipients for their far-reaching influence that has helped make our world a better place, according to the Eleanor Roosevelt Center at Val-Kill. The organization looks to further Eleanor Roosevelt's life mission by offering programs which promote social justice and humanitarian efforts.
Clinton's mother, the former first lady and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, received an Eleanor Roosevelt Val-Kill Medal in 1995.
The Eleanor Roosevelt Center at Val-Kill wrote the following while announcing Chelsea Clinton as a medal recipient:
As vice chair of the Clinton Foundation, Chelsea Clinton works alongside the Foundation’s leadership and partners to help create economic opportunity, improve public health, and inspire civic engagement and service across the United States and around the world. She also teaches at Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health and has written several books (including two New York Times bestsellers) promoting civic engagement for youth as well as a book on global health governance. Chelsea’s newest book The Book of Gutsy Women, co-authored with Hillary Clinton is set to launch on October 1, 2019.
The 32nd Eleanor Roosevelt Val-Kill Medal Ceremony will be held on Oct. 13
- Swastikas Found Carved Into Lower Hudson Valley Starbucks
- Famed Goodyear Blimp Spotted in Hudson Valley (PHOTOS)
- Former MLB Pitching Coach to Coach in Hudson Valley
- Bear Crashes Into Car During Rush Hour In Lower Hudson Valley
- Cash4Life Winning Ticket Sold in Hudson Valley
- Kelsey Grammer Opens Tavern in Catskills
- Man Makes Wrong Turn, Wins $1 Million at Hudson Valley Store
- Police: 15 Hudson Valley Businesses Sold Alcohol To Minor