The explosion and resulting fire that gutted Joseph's Steak House in Hyde Park was over a month ago and many are wondering why more progress hasn't been made in the demolition efforts.

The Town of Hyde Park, in a Facebook post shared some insight into the situation, stating materials with suspected asbestos were found so a stop work order was issued by the Department of Labor. An asbestos removal company has reportedly been retained so work will begin soon. Work had begun on the demolition only to find mold Only after all materials with asbestos have been removed can other work on the building continue.

There were rumors going around on social media that the town of Hyde Park was paying for the asbestos removal. But a town representative via their Facebook page categorically denied the claims. The placement of debris has closed down Creek Road and will remain closed until further notice.