Former Spanky’s Building And Neighboring Property Up For Sale
Two City of Poughkeepsie properties are up for sale and are available for possible redevelopment as apartments. The former Spanky's Restaurant building at 85 Main Street along with the neighboring industrial property at 6 Davies Street could be demolished to make way for living space.
According to commercial real estate site Loopnet, the Main Streety property is on the market for $550,000. The 3,000 square foot building was built in 1920 and housed the once-popular Spanky's who was known for their Cajun and Creole food. In the spring of 2018, it was announced that Nova's on Main would open later that summer but that never materialized.
The Davies property next door was built in 1951 is listed at 1,276 square feet and available for $135,000. The dual properties sit across from The Derby and are close to the train station, Route 9 and Mid Hudson Bridge along with the all-new Fit Social and Zeus Brewing Company up the street.
A number of new projects have been announced in recent months for the City of Poughkeepsie including the $10 million Hive development and an additional 41 apartments going into an old school around the corner.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Netflix Classic 'The Irishman' Filmed At Multiple Hudson Valley Locations
- 2019 WRRV Sessions Photo Rewind
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center