Hudson Valley Hot Dog Named One Of America’s Best
A Westchester County hot dog stand has officially been ranked among the 75 best hot dogs in the entire country.
Walter's Hot Dog Stand in Mamaroneck clocked in at number 31 on The Daily Meal's list of America's 75 Best Hot Dogs. The site mentions that it's a small place, on the side of a road in a small town. The stand has stood since 1928 and the hot dogs haven't changed for nearly a hundred years.
That's pretty insane - I never knew about this place, and it's been right under my nose this whole time. I'm definitely going to have to check it out.
New York has a ton of representation on the list too, if you're venturing outside the Hudson Valley. The number one slot went to Rutt's Hut in Clifton, New Jersey. Here's the complete list of New York hot dogs that were ranked among the best:
60. Louie's Texas Red Hots, Buffalo
54. Famous Lunch, Troy
53. Danish Dogs, New York City
44. Nathan's Famous, Coney Island
43. Schaller's Drive-In, Rochester
34. Gus's Hot Dogs, Watervliet
31. Walter's, Mamaroneck
17. Ted's, Buffalo
12. Crif Dogs and PDT, New York City
8. Gray's Papaya, New York City
7. Feltman's, New York City
3. Katz's Deli, New York City