Hudson Valley Part Of Statewide Fireworks Crackdown
You may have noticed a lot of fireworks going off lately and it's caught the attention of officials after numerous complaints.
On Monday Governor Cuomo announced a crackdown in conjunction with the New York State Police. They'll be stepping up enforcement on people bringing illegal fireworks into the state, particularly from Pennsylvania.
The Governor will be providing local governments with additional resources to help stem the issue. While the sale of 'sparkling devices' is legal at certain times of the year, bottle rockets, roman candles, spinners, and other aerial devices remain illegal statewide. New York law states any firework possessed within state boundaries must have less than 500 grams of pyrotechnic composition unless you're a professional.
Counties do have the option of opting out of the sale of smaller fireworks and local sale is prohibited in the Cities of Newburgh and Middletown but available elsewhere in Orange County. For more information, you can link up HERE.
If you're looking for a professional fireworks display this 4th of July, many Hudson Valley events have been canceled but there are still things to do. You can view more information thorough our Fireworks Map.
Eleanor Roosevelt's Hudson Valley Childhood Estate Up For Sale
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Netflix Classic 'The Irishman' Filmed At Multiple Hudson Valley Locations
- 2019 WRRV Sessions Photo Rewind
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center
- Hudson Valley Restaurants