Hudson Valley School Bus Involved in Head-On Crash
A school bus from the Hudson Valley was involved in a head-on crash with an educational minivan yesterday morning.
On Monday around 8:30 a.m., deputies from the Ulster County Sheriff's Office responded for a 911 call of a collision between a vehicle and a school bus on Route 9W in the vicinity of Catherines Lane.
A preliminary investigation suggests a minivan belonging to the Devereux Foundation in Red Hook and operated by James Garnett, 39, of Hyde Park was traveling north on Route 9W and failed to maintain its lane. The vehicle then traveled into the southbound lane and struck a New Paltz Central School District bus operated by Tersa Faso, 40, of Kerhonkson, police say.
No children were on the bus at the time of the crash.
Both drivers were transported by ambulance with non-life threatening injuries. A passenger in Garnett's vehicle was uninjured, according to police.
No tickets have been issued, however, the crash remains under investigation. Anyone who witnessed the crash or has any additional information is asked to contact this agency at 845-338-3640.
- Hudson Valley School District May Ban Homework
- Hudson Valley School Bus Involved in Head-On Crash
- Reward Doubled for Info On Fatal I-84 Hit-And-Run
- New York Officials Declare 'Emergency' Across Tri-State
- Hudson Valley Police Officer Killed Days Before Wedding
- Hudson Valley High School Deals With Tragedy For 3rd Year
- Hudson Valley Bed & Breakfast Owners Took Money From Disabled Man