Kingston Bridge to Close This Summer
The bridge will be closed roughly from June through August of 2018.
According to Hudson Valley One, if you use Route 209 get ready for a pretty big detour this summer as the state Department of Transportation have made plans to replace a bridge over the Lower Esopus Creek between the New York State Troopers Barracks and O&W Rail Trail parking lot.
The bridge replacement is now happening a year earlier than expected.
Hurley supervisor John Perry said that the bridge replacement is set to take few months and once the project starts the proposed main detour route would, if your heading north on RT 209 it will take you down Wynkoop Road to Hurley Mountain Road or if going south, it will take you along Hurley Mountain from Route 28 at Kenco’s to Wynkoop. He also said that they are talking about adding traffic lights to aid with traffic flow.
Perry also said that
“There’s nothing really positive about this, I guess once it’s done it won’t be happening again in our lifetimes.”
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America